This post is sponsored by Barilla®, but as always, all words and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting me in my collaborations with the sponsors who help keep My Colombian Recipes running!
I hope you all had a wonderful Mother’s Day! This holiday is bitter sweet for me as I love celebrating it with kids, my husband and my in laws, but I also feel nostalgic because my mom lives in Colombia. It’s always hard for me to be away from family, especially on certain holidays, like Mother’s Day. I’m sure many of you can relate.
A good Mother’s Day for me begins with my husband and kids letting me sleep late, then awaken to a hot cup of coffee, kisses, hugs, beautiful cards, and gifts made by my children. A simple yet delicious homemade meal, prepared with the help of my kids, makes for a great bookend to a perfect day!
Pasta dishes are always a hit in my house, as we are all huge fans of this versatile ingredient. You can make a delicious pasta dish for entertaining or as a simple weeknight meal. I picked up my essentials for this Barilla® Spaghetti with San Marzano Tomato Meat Sauce recipe at Walmart. I followed Barilla’s very simple recipe and the result was a wonderfully hearty, comforting meal, that my whole family enjoyed. I just love a dish with flavor and delicious ingredients and this simple Barilla® spaghetti dish fit the bill!
So, what’s your favorite way to celebrate Mother’s Day? Share it with us in the comment section below.
- 1 box Barilla® Spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1 stem celery, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup White wine (optional)
- 1 can San Marzano Tomatoes (28 ounce)
- 1 cup water
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, shaved
- Place a pot of water to boil.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, sauté the onion, carrot and celery with the extra virgin olive oil. Add the meat and cook until browned well.
- Incorporate the tomatoes and 1 cup of water, season with salt and pepper to taste and bring to a simmer.
- Cook pasta in the boiling water according to the package directions. DRAIN pasta and toss with sauce. Top with cheese.
- OPTIONAL: After the meat is browned, you can deglaze the sauce by adding the wine and let it reduce all the way.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Barilla. The opinions and text are all mine.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...