As a food blogger, I love learning about food related products, so when Hamburger Helper® asked me to join this campaign, I thought it will be a wonderful opportunity to learn about their products. I hadn’t tried their products until I started cooking for this campaign, but I see them at virtually every food store I go, having no idea what’s actually in the box. So I went to Walmart to check this stuff out & found myself staring at a shelf filled with different variations of Hamburger Helper®. The one that caught my eye was the Crunchy Taco, primarily because it contains rice, as I am a huge rice fan.
I decided to make a Crunchy Taco Rice and Beef Bowl topped with tomatoes, avocado, jalapeños, shredded cheese, fresh cilantro and extra blue tortilla chips. The package includes the rice, seasoning package, cheese sauce powder and corn chips.
This dish was fun, easy to make and very tasty. It’s also versatile, you can make it with chicken instead of beef and top it with your favorite ingredients.
If you’re sitting there saying to yourself “nope, I don’t like boxed meals,” it’s cool, I get it. But if you need a fast and easy meal that really is very tasty, it’s good to have a little help from the pantry once in a while, especially as a busy mom. My kids and my husband loved it!
Want to give this recipe a try? Click here for a Hamburger Helper® coupon!
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 box of crunchy taco Hamburger Helper®
- 1 cup of milk + 1/3 cup of milk for topping
- 2 1/4 cups of hot water
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 small avocado peeled and sliced
- Jalapeño slices to your taste
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Fresh cilantro
- Extra tortilla chips (optional)
- Brown the beef in a skillet and drain.
- Stir in 1 cup of milk, hot water, sauce mix and rice. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and cover. Simmer for about 20 minutes. Stirring occasionally, until rice is tender. Meanwhile, stir 1/3 cup of milk and topping mix in a bowl.
- Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with corn chips and add the topping.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hamburger Helper® . The opinions and text are all mine.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...