This post is also available in Spanish
Fresas con Crema are total decadence for me. You would think that after eating a filling meal like a Colombian Tamal or Bandeja Paisa that it would be impossible to find room for anything else. However, even then, I can never refuse a glass full of fresh and delicious strawberries drowning in sweet cream drizzled with condensed milk.
This is a popular dessert in my hometown and are sold at fruit stands on the side of the roads outside the city. If you are going to Medellin, look for these stands along the road while driving into the city from the airport. The fresh cream they use to make the Fresas con Crema is fantastic!
(4 -6 servings)
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, washed and halved
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar or to your taste
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup crème fraîche or crema fresca
- Sweet condensed milk (optional)
- In a bowl using a mixer, combine the crème fraîche, heavy cream, vanilla and the sugar.
- Whip on medium-high speed until soft peaks form and the cream holds its shape.
- Using glasses or plastic cups, make layers using the strawberries and crema (i.e.: one layer of strawberries, then one layer of cream, & so on). Drizzle with condensed milk if desired and serve immediately.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...