Gelatina de Colores also known as Mosaico de Gelatina is a staple at Colombian parties, especially during the holidays. Every year for Christmas one of my aunts would make it and I loved it so much! I’ve always loved Jello desserts and as a kid, my mom would often have a bowl of Jello in the fridge for quick snacks or desserts, which she would top with sweet condensed milk. Anyway, back to the recipe…
This is a very easy to make and fun dessert for any party. I love the combination of white, red and green for Christmas, but you could use any combination of colors you’d like, depending on the season.
This time I used a bundt pan to make my Gelatina de Colores, but you can use a jello mold, a regular bowl, or a casserole dish. This is a great make-ahead dessert for your Christmas dinner.
- 1 (6 ounce) box raspberry or strawberry jello
- 1 (6 ounce) box lime jello
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 (.25 ounce) packages unflavored gelatine
- 1 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Place the red jello into a medium bowl. Place 2 cups of water into a pot and bring to boil.
- Pour the boiling water over the top of the jello and stir well until the jello is dissolved. Repeat with the green jello.
- Pour the red jello onto a large cookie sheet or a baking pan, and the green jello onto another cookie sheet or baking pan.
- Place the baking pans or sheets into your refrigerator. Let the jello chill and set for about 3 to 4 hours.
- When the jello is set, make the milk mixture. Place 1/2 cup of cold water in a small bowl.
- Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil. Pour it over the top of the unflavored gelatine mixture and stir well.
- Pour 1 can sweetened condensed milk into the mixture. Stir well to combine, then place it in the fridge for about 10 minutes to let cool down.
- Grease a bundt pan or 9×13 pan with cooking spray.
- Cut the jello into small pieces. Place all the jello pieces in the pan.
- When your creamy gelatine mixture has cooled down, pour it over the top of the jello pieces.
- Place the pan back in the fridge for about 4 to 6hours or overnight.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...