Wednesday was my birthday and I got a lot phone calls and messages from my friends and family….It is wonderful to know that people care about you. Thank you all for being there for me whenever I need to talk.
I was chatting with one of my good friends and because another year has past, we started to talk about things we want to do before we die! It was fun talking about all those things with her. At the risk of sounding morbid, I want to share some of them with you and I would love to know what’s on your bucket list.
Things I must do before I “kick the bucket”:
Be able to speak perfect English, so American people can understand what I say the first time:-)
Go to Italy, England, Spain, and France.
Visit every department (State) in Colombia.
Write a cookbook.
Own an apartment in Medellin-Colombia for vacation.
Get back to a size 0 jeans
Take a photography course and take amazing pictures.
Now let me share with you this wonderful Butternut Squash-Coconut Soup I made a week ago that we loved.
- 2 butternut squash
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups stock
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Preheat an oven to 375ºF.
- ut the squash in half lengthwise and remove and discard the seeds. Brush the squash inside and out with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Place the squash, cut side down, on a baking sheet.
- oast the squash until a sharp knife penetrates the flesh easily, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a pot over medium-high heat, warm the oil. Add the onions and garlic and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- ransfer the squash to the pot and add the stock. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Add the cumin, honey and coconut milk and stir to combine.
- sing a blender, puree the soup in batches until smooth. Return the soup to the pot. Add more broth if needed to reach the desired consistency.
- adle the soup into bowls and garnish each serving with crispy bacon. Serve immediately.