This is a great way to cook yuca as this vegetable by itself is bland. This Yuca Sudada recipe is very popular in Colombia. Serve as a side dish with grilled meats or fish.
- 1 pound frozen yuca
- 4 cups water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 chicken bouillon tablet
- ¼ teaspoon sazon Goya con Azafran
- 1 cup hogao
- In a large pot, add the water,chicken bouillon, salt and bring to a boil. Add the yuca then reduce the heat to medium and cook about 15 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain the yuca and save 1 cup of the liquid.
- In the same pot add the hogao, return the cup of liquid you saved and bring to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Place the yuca on a serving plate and pour the warm mixture over top.
If you like this page, you can say thanks by sharing it :-)