This month’s Creative Cooking Crew challenge is “stuff it!”
By now my readers know my love for avocados (aguacates), and I always have avocados at my house.
So when the Creative Cooking Crew challenge theme was revealed, I decided to stuffed one of my favorite ingredients with a fresh salad to enjoy during the summer months. I made a shrimp and mango salad with lime and cumin dressing, then I stuffed the salad into the avocados.
This Stuffed Avocado with Shrimp and Mango Salad has a wonderful combination of flavors. It will make a great addition to your next summer party or brunch, or just make it for lunch for your family. Even my kids loved this dish!
The round-up for the Creative Cooking Crew this month will be posted on July 29th on Foodalogue. Be sure to go and see all the wonderful creations from the other bloggers.
- 4 ripe avocados
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 pound shrimp, cooked
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, quarter
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chopped habanero pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients, except the avocados.
- Cut avocados in half, remove the seed
- rizzle lime juice over avocados, this helps keep them from darkening.
- Use a spoon to stuff the avocados with the shrimp salad and serve immediately.