Pasta Salad with Shrimp, Avocado and Asparagus
- ½ pound small dried pasta cooked al dente
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 pound cooked shrimp
- 1 avocado peeled and diced
- 1 large tomato diced
- ¼ cup shredded onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Juice of ½ lime
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- Cook the asparagus in simmering water covered for 3 to 5 minutes. Cool under cold running water and drain. Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces on an angle and add to a bowl.
- Add the cooked pasta, shrimp, avocado, tomato and onion. Mix to combine.
- To make the dressing: Place all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Add the dressing to the salad and mix to combine. Season salad with salt and pepper, to your taste and toss again.
I made another yummy salad for lunch two weeks ago while my sister was visiting. This pasta salad is simple, filling, and very tasty! We absolutely loved it.