Sopa de Lentejas con Carne (Lentils and Beef Soup)
- 1 cup of aliños sauce see recipe here
- 2 large carrots peeled and diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound of beef cut in bite sized chunks
- ½ pound of lentils picked and rinsed
- 8 cups of beef stock
- ½ teaspoon ground achiote or color
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 medium white potatoes peeled and diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
In a pot add the aliños sauce, carrots, beef, lentils, broth, achiote, cumin and stir to combine. Place the pot on the stove over high heat and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat to medium low, cover and cook until the meat and lentils are tender, approximately 35 to 40 minutes. Add water if needed.
Add the potatoes. Simmer for about 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
Add the chopped cilantro and season with salt to your taste. Serve with with white rice.
Calories: 568kcalCarbohydrates: 84gProtein: 47gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 28199mgPotassium: 2535mgFiber: 21gSugar: 23gVitamin A: 5195IUVitamin C: 30mgCalcium: 169mgIron: 10mg