Chocolate con Arequipe (Dulce de Leche Hot Chocolate)
- 4 cups milk
- 4 oz dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 4 oz milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons dulce de leche or to your taste, plus more for serving
- Pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Warm 2 cups of milk with the chocolate, dulce de leche, and salt, stirring until the chocolate is melted. Be careful not to let the mixture boil.
Vigorously whisk in the remaining two cups of milk. Make sure to warm the cocoa completely through. Turn off the heat and add the vanilla and cinnamon. Top with whipped cream and more dulce de leche.
Calories: 392kcalCarbohydrates: 34gProtein: 10gFat: 24gSaturated Fat: 14gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 116mgPotassium: 527mgFiber: 3gSugar: 27gVitamin A: 407IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 299mgIron: 3mg