My husband doesn’t love peas, so last week while driving home from the store, I thought of a way to make peas for him that he might enjoy.
I decided to make mashed potatoes with peas and mint. Well, he scraped his plate. The recipe itself could not be easier, not to mention delicious. I can’t wait to make it again.
Serve with your favorite grilled meat, fish or poultry.
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups cooked peas
- 1 tablespoon mint, finely chopped
- Place the potatoes in a pot of salted water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook the potatoes until fork tender, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and drain.
- Place the potatoes back in the pot and return to the heat. Stir the potatoes, constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes to dehydrate the potatoes. Remove the potatoes from the heat and add the peas.
- Add the butter. Using a hand held masher, mash the butter into the potatoes.
- Add cream and milk. The potatoes should still be sort of lumpy. Add the mint and stir well .Season the potatoes with salt and pepper.