Mashed Potatoes with Peas and Mint
- 8 medium potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 5 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups cooked peas
- 1 tablespoon mint finely chopped
- Place the potatoes in a pot of salted water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook the potatoes until fork tender, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and drain.
- Place the potatoes back in the pot and return to the heat. Stir the potatoes, constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes to dehydrate the potatoes. Remove the potatoes from the heat and add the peas.
- Add the butter. Using a hand held masher, mash the butter into the potatoes.
- Add cream and milk. The potatoes should still be sort of lumpy. Add the mint and stir well .Season the potatoes with salt and pepper.
My husband doesn't love peas, so last week while driving home from the store, I thought of a way to make peas for him that he might enjoy.
I decided to make mashed potatoes with peas and mint. Well, he scraped his plate. The recipe itself could not be easier, not to mention delicious. I can't wait to make it again.
Serve with your favorite grilled meat, fish or poultry.