Pollo Asado (Roasted Chicken)
- 1 whole chicken about 5 pounds
- 3 scallions
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup cilantro
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to your taste
- 2 cups beer
- Place the scallions, vegetable oil, garlic, cumin, oregano, cilantro, thyme, salt, d pepper and ½ of the beer in the blender.
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Place the chicken in a container and add the beer mixture. Place in the fridge for at leat 3 hours or overnight. Place the chicen in a roasting pan and add the rest of the beer. Roast the chicken for about 1 hour and 30 minutes or until the skin is crispy and the chicken juices run clear when you cut between a leg and thigh.
- Remove the chicken from the roasting pan and place on a plate. Cover with aluminium foil and let it rest for about 15 minutes. Serve with your favorite potatoes.
Do you remember my Colombian-style roasted chicken legs ? If not, don't worry, here's the recipe. Well, here is another variation of roasted chicken that we have in Colombia and this time I used a whole chicken. The skin was crispy and flavourful. It is a beautiful Pollo Asado, don't you think? Although I am sure my vegetarian husband wouldn't agree with me 😉
The aromas of chicken, beer, onion and spices together were fantastic and the house smelled delicious! Remember, it is important to let the chicken marinate overnight for better flavor.
I hope you enjoy it!
Salt and pepper
The next day when you are ready to roast the chicken: