Michelada Recipe and Happy New Year!
- 2 cups of cold Mexican beer I used Corona
- ¾ cup tomato juice
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon hot sauce I used Tabasco
- 2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Mix the beer, tomato juice, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and chili powder.
- Place the salt on a small plate. Rub the rims of large glasses with lime wedges and dip the glasses in the salt mixture.
- Fill glasses with ice and add the Michelada mixture and garnish with lime slices.
I have always been a big fan of Michelada, a beer based Mexican cocktail. While living in Colombia, I often went to a Mexican restaurant in Medellín where I always ordered this wonderful drink. Last week, I was thinking about that restaurant and began craving Micheladas. So, I made my own Michelada cocktail and it turned our perfect!
If you’re looking for a VERY SIMPLE and delicious drink to ring in 2013 (or just a random weekend drink later in the year), this recipe can’t be beat.
Thanks to all of my readers! It was a great year of food and fun on My Colombian Recipes. What recipes would you like to see on this blog in the New Year? I am looking forward to another great year in 2014.
Thank you for your continued support and Happy 2014, everyone!