Quesadillas de Pollo (Chicken Quesadillas)
- Cooking Spray or olive oil
- ¾ cup cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon chili powder or to your taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
- 10 flour tortillas
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, chili, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, cilantro, green onions, chicken and shredded cheese. Mix thoroughly until well combined.
- On a work surface, spread 2 of the tortillas. Spoon some of the mixture over the bottom of each tortilla.
- Top with another tortilla.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray over medium heat. Carefully place 1 quesadilla in pan and cook 2 minutes.
- Using a spatula, gently flip the quesadilla and cook an additional 2 minutes until lightly browned and the cheese is melted. Repeat with second quesadilla.
- Serve warm with your favorite salsa.
These Chicken Quesadillas or Quesadillas de Pollo are absolutely delicious and they make a satisfying lunch or weeknight dinner.
They are creamy and full of flavor and are a fantastic way to use your leftover chicken.
I'm telling you, this might be my new favorite quesadilla recipe and I am going to make it over and over again. You can serve them with guacamole, or with tomato or tomatillo salsa.
Oh my. I am seriously going to make these ASAP! They look delicious, Erica. Love all that gooey cheese. 🙂 And your salsa looks great as well.
You definitely have me sold!
that looks so perfect n yummy!!! love it
Oh this looks so good, I love the crispy looking crust!
I've always loved quesadillas and make them quite often. Yours looks really yummy!
5 Star Foodie
Those look so tasty, I like the addition of cream cheese. An excellent recipe.
Mmmm...they look so good. I like how crisp they look on the outside and creamy on the inside!
Quesadillas are a great go-to meal, aren't they? Yours look really delicious, Erica!
They look really good Erica....
yumm,!!! my son loves quesidella and has even started to help out when making them!
Gera@Sweets Foods Blog
I'm big fan of quesadillas - so yummy for the tummy 🙂
not only do the quesadillas look great, but i'm quite smitten with your black bean and corn side! 🙂
I suggest adding "Guacamole or salsa" to your ingredient list.
If you use the Philadelphia Mexican cooking cream instead of plain cream cheese you can eliminate all the other spices and it is just as creamy and delicious
Now I know what I'm having for dinner tonight! They're making me hungry just looking at the pics!
Can i use crema instead of cream cheese? The quesadillas look really good btw
The texture and flavor will be different, but you can do it.
These were really good! I used supreme quest chihuahua cheese instead of the cheddar, extra cilantro and added sour cream, excellent!
These quesadillas are the best!!! I made them tonight for dinner and everyone devoured them. Thanks for sharing!