Quesadillas de Pollo (Chicken Quesadillas)
- Cooking Spray or olive oil
- ¾ cup cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon chili powder or to your taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
- 10 flour tortillas
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, chili, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, cilantro, green onions, chicken and shredded cheese. Mix thoroughly until well combined.
- On a work surface, spread 2 of the tortillas. Spoon some of the mixture over the bottom of each tortilla.
- Top with another tortilla.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray over medium heat. Carefully place 1 quesadilla in pan and cook 2 minutes.
- Using a spatula, gently flip the quesadilla and cook an additional 2 minutes until lightly browned and the cheese is melted. Repeat with second quesadilla.
- Serve warm with your favorite salsa.
These Chicken Quesadillas or Quesadillas de Pollo are absolutely delicious and they make a satisfying lunch or weeknight dinner.
They are creamy and full of flavor and are a fantastic way to use your leftover chicken.