Tilapia Fish Tacos (Tacos de Tilapia)
- 1 pound tilapia fish
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder optional
- Juice of 2 limes divided
- Salt and Pepper
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 small avocado diced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place the fish on a plate and sprinkle with the cumin, salt, pepper and chili powder, if you want a kick. Drizzle with olive oil and the juice of 1 lime.
- Preheat a skillet over medium- high heat. Add the fish and cook until golden on the outside. Remove from the skillet and transfer to a plate.
- Combine the avocado, juice of 1 lime, onion, cilantro, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat the tortillas in an ungreased nonstick pan and wrap the tortillas in a clean towel to keep them warm.
- To assemble the tacos, place an equal amount of the tilapia in each tortilla, along with a big spoonful of the avocado mixture and top with shredded lettuce. Serve with your favorite salsa on the side.
Mexican food is one of my favorite cuisines and it’s full of tradition and flavor. I want to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, a Mexican holiday, with this Tilapia Taco recipe. These Tilapia Fish Tacos are very simple to make and absolutely delicious!