Strawberry Colada is a delicious and simple cocktail. Creamy, refreshing and perfect for a summer day.
Classic Piña Colada is one of my favorite cocktails, however, on a trip to Cartagena many years ago, I fell in love with a Fresa Colada from the hotel where I was staying. It was incredible! Sweet, creamy and irresistibly pink.
Last week, having bought a lot of organic strawberries, I remembered that delicious drink and decided to recreate it at home. This strawberry colda was very easy to make and absolutely delicious.
It will also be delicious combining raspberries with the strawberries. You can make a kids version as well, by omitting the rum. Enjoy this wonderful drink on a warm day!
Fresa Colada Recipe (Strawberry Colada)
- 1 pound strawberries hulled and cut in half
- ¾ cup of coconut milk
- 1 cup of vanilla ice cream
- 4 tablespoons of condensed milk or to your taste
- White rum to your taste
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients. Taste and add extra rum or sweet condensed milk, if desired.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately.