This Tomato and Avocado Salad is a simple, quick and delicious recipe and is one of my favorite salads, especially during the summer months, when you find beautiful tomatoes at local farm markets. It's light and perfect to serve as a side with meat, poultry or seafood.
Ensalada de Aguacate y Tomate (Avocado and Tomato Salad)
- 2 large ripe tomatoes sliced ¼ -inch tick
- ½ small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 English cucumber sliced crosswise
- 2 small avocados diced
- 2 limes
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, lime juice and cilantro, then set aside
- Place half of the tomatoes slices in a large plate, top the tomatoes with half of the cucumber slices, half of the onions and half of the avocado pieces and repeat to make another layer on top. Drizzle with dressing and serve.
Calories: 232kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 3gFat: 19gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 12gSodium: 13mgPotassium: 799mgFiber: 9gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 768IUVitamin C: 31mgCalcium: 45mgIron: 1mg
Have you Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @mycolombianrecipes and tag #mycolombianrecipes!
I made this salad for a dinner party and it was fresh and delicious. Thanks!
your salad is on the menu for tinight I'll let you know how it comes out nd the response i'm sure everyone one will love it tonight is authentic colombian food
Delish and Healthy
you can't get any better than the best of both world. Great tasting and good for your health. My daughter loves it.
No soy muy amante a las ensaladas, pero me encanta el aguacate. Me comeria esta ensalada al instante.
this is super colorful and healthy and delicious! great start to the new year. 🙂
Happy New Year Erica...what a beautiful salad, I love the simplicity of the dressing...and yes, cilantro!
Have a wonderful week ahead 🙂
Such a nice salad with great veggies and avocado. Perfect following the decadence of the holidays!
Salad is as good as it looks. Only wish I had the delicious avocados from Colombia.