Ensalada Rusa (Russian Salad)
- 6 large peeled potatoes cooked and diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup diced and cooked carrots
- 1 cup cooked peas
- ¼ cup creme fraiche or crema de leche
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup grated onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Juice of ½ lime
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, creme fraiche, lime juice, salt, pepper and cumin. Set aside.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl, add the onions, carrots, peas and cilantro. Add the mayonnaise mixture and toss well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve Cold or at room temperature.