Lentils and Mango Salad
- 1 cup brown lentils rinsed and drained
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 cups ripe mango peeled and diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes diced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Add the lentils, bay leaf, salt and garlic cloves. Reduce the heat and simmer until the lentils are tender to the bite, 18 to 25 minutes.
- Drain the lentils, discard the garlic and bay leaf, then put in a bowl. Stir in the red onion, mango, vinegar, tomatoes, olive oil, vinegar, basil, cilantro, cumin and season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Serve the salad at room temperature or cold.
This Lentil and Mango Salad recipe has become a favorite of mine. I love the tangy and sweet flavors, and I also know that I am doing something good for my family and I, serving this healthy dish.
This salad can also be made with beans instead of lentils, if you prefer. It would make a great addition to any summer buffet or as a weeknight accompaniment to grilled salmon or chicken. It looks beautiful, colorful, and impressive as part of any spread. Hope you enjoy it too.
A wonderful combination! The sweetness sounds perfect...
Just got 3 mangoes in the fridge and I would not have thought this salad on my own! Thanks Erica, I am going to be trying this and enjoying the result I'm sure~
Tangy and sweet...I sure love the combo of the flavours!
I love just about anything htat has mango in it! Delicious!
Norma-Platanos, Mangoes and Me!
I think lentils are truly a favorite of mine and the addition of mango intrigues me...thanks for recipe...
So interesting pairing lentils and mango...sounds good for the hot weather 🙂
Thanks for this recipe and hope you are having a great week Erica!
Estupendo guisado muy rica combinación,abrazos y abrazos.
this looks wonderful and so healthy 🙂
Carol @ Always Thyme to Cook
Delicious combination! Love the sweetness of the mango in the salad with the lentils.
Tasty dressing, good, summery salad. I especially enjoyed the mango, and I added spinach.
Thank you for leaving a comment!