Today’s recipe is a take on my Ensalada Rusa recipe, which translates as Russian Salad. If you are not familiar with this salad, it’s a classic potato salad served throughout Latin America, usually made with potatoes, carrots, peas, onions and mayonnaise, although there are many variations.
I added diced apples and cooked shredded chicken to my traditional recipe and the result was fantastic! I really Iike the combination of textures and flavors of this potato salad, which can be served as a main meal or side dish.
Potato, Chicken and Apple Salad
- 4 large potatoes peeled, cooked and diced
- 1 cup of diced carrots
- 1 cup of peas
- 1 large chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 2 apples peeled and diced
- ½ cup diced white onion
- Lime juice from 2 limes
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup of sour cream or plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro or parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all of the ingredients together and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.