Pineapple Coleslaw (Ensalada de Repollo con Piña)
- 1 small head cabbage shredded
- 1 can 20 oz diced pineapple, with juice
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup heavy cream or crema de leche
- 5 tablespoons pineapple juice
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
- To make the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, pineapple juice, heavy cream, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage and pineapple and toss to mix. Add the dressing and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour to let the flavors develop.
When I was a child, my Aunt Consuelo made this coleslaw often, as it was a traditional dish at our family dinner parties. This salad is perfect for a picnic or backyard barbecue. It is creamy, sweet and delicious!