Pineapple Coleslaw (Ensalada de Repollo con Piña)
- 1 small head cabbage shredded
- 1 can 20 oz diced pineapple, with juice
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup heavy cream or crema de leche
- 5 tablespoons pineapple juice
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
- To make the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, pineapple juice, heavy cream, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage and pineapple and toss to mix. Add the dressing and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour to let the flavors develop.
Have you Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @mycolombianrecipes and tag #mycolombianrecipes!
When I was a child, my Aunt Consuelo made this coleslaw often, as it was a traditional dish at our family dinner parties. This salad is perfect for a picnic or backyard barbecue. It is creamy, sweet and delicious!
Hi Erika! I love this salad I remembered that they use to make it for sweet 15 parties or first communions. Great recipe!
This really is a fun and unique way to enjoy coleslaw. I think I would really enjoy the addition of the pineapple.
wow love this have to try it
5 Star Foodie
A very unique coleslaw with pineapple, yummy for sure!
Erica how fun adding pineapple to the coleslaw...a nice tropical touch.
Hope you are having a great week 🙂
Just the summer thing! we have been having pineapple carrot cabbage slaw for our lunch salad:) but i make mine with strained yogurt and no mayo. love that you use juice in the dressing.
i like that the foul taste of mayonnaise would be diluted by the naturally sweet pineapple juice. great slaw, erica!
I'm not a big fan of coleslaw, but this sounds really good - something different I'm going to try!
I love this salad! I add green apple and green grapes to it to give it more substance !! Enjoy <3