Mixed Bean Salad with Avocado, Shrimp and Tomato
- 2 red heirloom tomatoes sliced
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 3 cooked eggs sliced
- 2 cups mixed beans white beans, chickpeas, red beans
- 1 avocado peeled and sliced
- 12 cooked shrimp
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, sugar, olive oil, salt, pepper, lime, lemon juice and cilantro, then set aside.
- Place the tomatoes slices in a large plate, top the tomatoes with the beans, the onions, the avocado pieces, shrimp and cooked egg. Drizzle with dressing and serve.
Today I want to share with you another yummy salad that I made myself for lunch this week. It was fresh, quick and delicious! For a vegetarian version just omit the shrimp.
Layers of flavors from fresh ingredients makes this salad a spring standout.