I love beans and enjoy a variety of comforting bean dishes during the winter months and light bean salads during the summer.
Beans and Corn Salad (Ensalada de Frijol y Maiz)
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can 15 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can 15 oz red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can 15 oz garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can 15 oz white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked corn
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro leaves only, chopped
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- To make the vinaigrette: in a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, vinegar, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Add the beans, cilantro, red onion and vinaigrette and toss to coat evenly.
- Serve at room temperature.
This fresh summer beans and corn salad is my favorite picnic food. I really enjoy the simple lime and cumin dressing with all the different kinds of beans in the salad.