These tomatoes stuffed with tuna salad are very easy to make and perfect to serve as an appetizer or lunch.
This stuffed tomato recipe is made with simple ingredients and it's perfect for a quick lunch or as an appetizer. I love tuna salad and this is one of my favorite ways to serve it.
To make this Recipe you will Need
Tuna: I recommend using tuna packed in water as you add mayonnaise to the dish.
Mayonnaise: I like to use regular mayonnaise to make this dish, but you can use low-fat mayonnaise if you prefer.For a lighter tuna salad recipe, feel free to swap mayonnaise with Greek yogurt.
Lime juice: Adds a deliciously tangy, zesty taste to your tuna salad.
Red Bell Pepper: Adds a nice contrast in color and texture to the tuna.
Onions: You can use yellow or red onions they add flavor and texture to the tuna salad. Tomatoes: I like to use medium-sized tomatoes with firm walls to make this recipe. I recommend tomatoes on the vine, because they have great flavor and the size is perfect. Vegetables: I added a mix of peas, carrots and corn to my tuna salad, but you can omit them or use your favorite vegetables to make the salad. I personally love the texture and flavor. Herbs: I like to use fresh parsley for this dish, but you can also use cilantro if you prefer. Spices: Salt and black pepper. Lettuce leaves for serving.
Tomatoes Stuffed with Tuna Salad Recipe
- 3 6 oz cans tuna
- ¼ cup chopped onion red or yellow
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup mixed vegetables corn, peas and diced carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley plus more for garnish
- Lettuce leaves for serving
- 8 medium tomatoes cored and seeded
- In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients, except the tomatoes and lettuce. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- To serve, line a large salad plate with lettuce leaves, spoon tuna salad into tomatoes and garnish with chopped parsley on top, arrange tomatoes on top of the lettuce leaves and serve.
This Stuffed Tomatoes with Tuna Salad (Tomates Rellenos de Atún) recipe is great for entertaining. It is quick and easy and the tomatoes put a twist on a classic tuna salad dish.
More Recipes to make Canned Tuna
Avocado Stuffed with Tuna Salad
That's such an appetizingly beautiful presentation that I'd almost be afraid to cut into it. Almost... 🙂 Thanks for sharing this simple but wonderful recipe!
Yummm... I love tomato and tuna! A great combination for me!
These are very easy to make and delicious. Perfect lunch... I will make them again soon.
Muy buena receta ,fácil y muy agradable