Macaroni Salad with Avocado Dressing (Ensalada de Coditos con Aderezo de Aguacate)
- ½ pound of elbow pasta cooked and drained
- ½ cup cooked corn
- ½ cup cooked peas
- ½ cup cooked and diced carrots
- ¼ cup shredded red onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 avocados peeled and diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Juice of 4 limes
- 2 tablespoons of heavy cream or sour cream
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of chili powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, stir together the pasta, corn, peas, carrots, onion, and cilantro & set aside.
- To make the dressing: Put all the ingredients in a blender, process until well mixed.
- Pour the avocado mixture over the pasta mixture and stir until well combined, or serve the dressing on the side.
- Adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
This macaroni salad is so good, you can even serve it to pasta salad haters! It's simple to prepare, satisfying, and it makes a fantastic alternative to the classic American macaroni salad. It is great for picnics and potlucks.
My version of this American favorite includes many of the flavors I love in a salad. Corn, carrots, peas, cilantro, red onions and the creaminess of the avocado dressing, creates a wonderful texture.
I hope you all have a lovely weekend, filled with lots of cooking. Buen provecho!
What a great summer salad!!
Jenn and Seth (@HomeSkilletCook)
love the avocado dressing! so unique!
Carol @ Always Thyme to Cook
Looks fantastic! I'd love that dressing.
what a spectacular dressing!
A delightful and delicious summer salad!
I choose avocado sauce over mayo any day! Yum!
nice salad but the star is the dressing 🙂
Oh I love it. It looks delicious and it's so healthier than mayo. I am bookmarking it.
THe avocado sauce looks so smooth and surely makes this pasta salad really yummy! Would love to try this!
I like this a lot. even just the avocado itself sounds great.
We had this salad with lunch yesterday and we loved it. Great idea.
Thank you, guys!
Norma-Platanos, Mangoes and Me!
It reminds me of my guasacaca....very nice...
I'm trying to eat healthy and I thought this was a great meal. I used plain greek yogurt instead of sour cream. I also added a hand full of cooked spinach to add even more nutrients to the dressing. I only used 2 limes instead of four because I thought the lime flavor was a bit over powering. I added more greek yogurt to tame that.