Macaroni Salad with Avocado Dressing (Ensalada de Coditos con Aderezo de Aguacate)
- ½ pound of elbow pasta cooked and drained
- ½ cup cooked corn
- ½ cup cooked peas
- ½ cup cooked and diced carrots
- ¼ cup shredded red onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 avocados peeled and diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Juice of 4 limes
- 2 tablespoons of heavy cream or sour cream
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of chili powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, stir together the pasta, corn, peas, carrots, onion, and cilantro & set aside.
- To make the dressing: Put all the ingredients in a blender, process until well mixed.
- Pour the avocado mixture over the pasta mixture and stir until well combined, or serve the dressing on the side.
- Adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
This macaroni salad is so good, you can even serve it to pasta salad haters! It's simple to prepare, satisfying, and it makes a fantastic alternative to the classic American macaroni salad. It is great for picnics and potlucks.
My version of this American favorite includes many of the flavors I love in a salad. Corn, carrots, peas, cilantro, red onions and the creaminess of the avocado dressing, creates a wonderful texture.
I hope you all have a lovely weekend, filled with lots of cooking. Buen provecho!