A simple and quick shrimp with cilantro sauce recipe full of flavor. Perfect for a weeknight dinner or lunch.
Whenever I’m looking to make a fast and easy dinner, I turn to shrimp. It cooks quick and it takes different flavors well. This Shrimp With Creamy Cilantro Sauce recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner. It’s a very simple dish to make with a lot of flavor. I served mine with rice, but it’s also delicious with mashed potatoes.
If you like cilantro flavor like me this dish is for you. You can also make this recipe using any white fish, lobster or salmon fillets if you don't like shrimp.
Shrimp With Creamy Cilantro Sauce Recipe
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 cup of fresh cilantro
- 3 scallions chopped
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pan over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring, until just pink, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Return the pan to medium heat. Add the garlic, cumin and pepper flakes and sauté until soft, about 30 seconds. Place the cilantro, scallions and cream in a blender and blend until well combined.
- Add the sauce to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Return the shrimp to the pan and toss to coat with the sauce. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
If you like cilantro even near as much as I do, you are going to love this dish. But if you hate cilantro or you are one of those people who think cilantro taste like soap, you can replace it with parsley 😉