Creamy Asparagus and Lemon Oven Rice
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- ¼ cup grated onion
- Salt and pepper
- 11/2 cups of rice
- 3 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- ¼ cup of white wine
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 pound of asparagus ends trimmed and cut into bite sizes
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place all the ingredients in a baking dish, except the asparagus and parmesan cheese.
- Stir, cover with aluminum foil and transfer to the oven and bake for 20 minutes, Add the asparagus and stir well and continue baking for 5 minutes more or until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove the rice from the oven and stir in the cheese. Serve immediately.
I hated asparagus and spinach when I was a kid, and now they are two of my favorite vegetables. Funny how taste changes over time. For me this is the perfect spring dish, not only because I love asparagus, but because it's easy to prepare, creamy, tangy and a delicious rice dish!
Making this Asparagus and Lemon Rice in the oven versus the stovetop is simple and quick. It is a great dish for dinner during the week, because it allows you to do other things, like enjoying the warm weather outside.