Papas Aborrajadas (Battered Fried Potatoes)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 12 small white potatoes skin-on
- 1 egg
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ tablespoon sazon Goya with azafran
- ½ cup milk
- Put the potatoes in a medium pot and cover with water and ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Bring the potatoes to a boil over medium high heat, then reduce the heat to medium and cook until fork tender about 15 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and set aside.
- In a medium bowl place all the batter ingredients and whisk until smooth and set aside.
- Fill a large heavy pot with vegetable oil and heat over medium-high heat to 360° F.
- Dip the potatoes into the batter and carefully place them in the hot oil and fry for about 4 minutes or until golden, turning over halfway through. Remove the potatoes from the oil using a slotted spoon and drain on a plate with paper towels.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve with your favorite sauce or as a side dish.
Papas Aborrajadas is a traditional Colombian side dish made with small potatoes, with skin-on, dipped in a batter and deep fried in vegetable oil. These potatoes can be served as a side dish or an appetizer served with Salsa Rosada(Pink Sauce),aji or hogao.