Ceviche, also known as cebiche or seviche, is a popular Latin American dish. Ceviche is usually made with raw fish that is marinated in citrus juice, such as orange, lemon or lime.
Ceviche de Camarones y Mango (Shrimp and Mango Ceviche)
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 4 mangoes not to ripe, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- ¼ cup of orange juice
- Juice of 6 limes
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper finely chopped
- ½ habanero or serrano pepper seeded and finely chopped
- ½ red onion finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium pot, bring 4 cups of water to boil, turn off the heat, drop in the shrimp and cover. Leave the shrimp in the hot water for 1 minute. Drain off the water and place the shrimp in a large bowl.
- Soak the red onions with warm water for about 5 minutes, rinse and drain.
- Add all the ingredients to the shrimp, mix well and let it sit in the fridge for at least one hour. Serve cold with saltine crackers, patacones or plantain chips.
We have many different variations of ceviche in Colombia. Ceviche de Pulpo (Octopus Ceviche), Ceviche de Camarones (Shrimp Ceviche), Ceviche de Pescado (Fish Ceviche), Ceviche de Camarón con Coco (Coconut Shrimp Ceviche) and this Ceviche de Camarones y Mango (Shrimp and Mango Ceviche), a popular dish from the Pacific region of Colombia.
Colombian-style ceviches are usually served with saltine crackers, plátanitos (plantain chips) or patacones (fried green plantain). This Ceviche de Camarones y Mango is very simple to make and if you don't like to eat raw fish, this is the perfect ceviche for you because the shrimp is already cooked!
This Shrimp and Mango Ceviche is one of my personal favorites. It's light and refreshing, and with just the right amount of sweetness from the mangoes and heat from the hot pepper, it will have you coming back for more!
How much orange juice? Ingredients say 1/4 s...
Thanks,Randy! It's fixed! 1/4 cup of orange juice.
Very appetizing and delicious! Did you make those banana chips?
Yes, they are green plantain chips.
Ooh gorgeous - love dishes like this and I even have the same glasses as you to serve it in!
The ceviche looks wonderful. I have had some with mango before but not shrimp. Very summery too.
a ceviche was the first time i actually enjoyed seafood, and this one sounds very refreshing!
This looks delicious! I'm wondering...would the dish be affected if I make it the night before to have for lunch the following day?
Just don’t add the lemon until next day. If you let it sit for too long it will just taste like lemon, and this flavorful ceviche is much more than that.
Ivan Mauricio Rodriguez
Buenos Dias Erica D.
This Colombian ceviche "was" delicioso...
I also tried sweet mangoes, (sweet and sour)
Made this last night for dinner, delicious. Its just the perfect light summer dinner.
Followed directions exactly (which I don't always do) - it looked so beautiful and delicious. I think, however, that my limes gave more juice than expected, and so my sauce was more liquidy than yours looked. Ultimately, the lime taste is a bit overpowering. What would you recommend to tone down the lime flavor?
You can add more orange juice or next time add less lime juice to it. I love lime juice in my ceviche 🙂
This is my favorite & my family make it once a month. My friends also enjoy it allot ... it’s delicious ... with