This Fish Ceviche is a wonderful dish to make during the summer. It's refreshing and very easy to make.
Fish Ceviche Recipe (Ceviche de Pescado
- 2 pounds VERY fresh sea bass halibut or other white fish cut into bite size cubes
- Salt to your taste
- Fresh lime Juice from 20 limes
- 1 tablespoons of chopped hot red pepper
- ½ cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- ½ cup of fresh cilantro finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Wash the fish well and place in a glass bowl. Season with salt and add the juice of 10 limes. Cover and let rest in the fridge for about 3 hours.
- Rinse the fish and discard the lime juice. Add the peppers and onions. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours more.
- Add the chopped cilantro, salt and lime mixture to the fish and serve with saltine crackers on the side.
What is Ceviche?
Ceviche or Cebiche is one of the most popular dishes in the coastal regions of Latin America, especially Peru. Every country in Latin America has its own variations of ceviche. It's usually made with fresh raw seafood and lime or lemon juice, the acid from the citrus will cook the seafood.
In Colombia, for example, ceviches are very popular on both the Atlantic and Pacific coasts, and you'll find people enjoying them a the beach, restaurants or at home. Some traditional Colombian ceviches are: Ceviche de Pulpo (Octopus Ceviche), Ceviche de Camarones (Shrimp Ceviche) and Ceviche de Pescado (Fish Ceviche). These Colombian-style ceviches are usually served with saltine crackers or patacones (fried green plantain).
The most popular fish used to make this Fish Ceviche Recipe in Colombia is corvina (sea bass), but if you can't find sea bass, halibut and cod fish are good alternatives.
More ceviche recipes you may want to try: