Ceviche is popular dish in Latin America and there are many variations in every country. This ceviche de camarón is my Colombian version and it's very easy to make, refreshing and the perfect appetizer.
This Ceviche de Camarones or Shrimp Ceviche is very popular on the coast of Colombia, but it is also enjoyed throughout the country. Keep this Ceviche de Camarones refrigerated until ready to serve.
Ceviche de Camarones (Colombian Shrimp Ceviche)
- 2 pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lettuce leaves and Saltine crackers for serving
- In a medium pot, bring 4 cups of water to boil, turn off the heat, drop in the shrimp and cover. Leave the shrimp in the hot water for 1 minute. Drain off the water and place the shrimp in a plastic bowl.
- Add the ketchup, lime juice, onion, cilantro, parsley, Tabasco sauce, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine all ingredients. Refrigerate and serve cold over lettuce leaves with saltine crackers.