This salmon recipe is simple to make and perfect for a weeknight meal or elegant enough for a party. The creamy shrimp sauce goes perfect with the baked salmon.
This week, for lunch, I made this Salmon with Shrimp Sauce for my sister and she just loved it! As I’ve mentioned, my sister is visiting from Colombia and one of the things I love about having her here is that we share the same enthusiasm about food. We are having a great time together and a lot of my childhood memories are coming back including many of our favorite dishes that we shared growing up together. I will make all of those dishes for everyone soon 🙂 so keep coming back for more recipes!
Salmon with Shrimp Sauce (Salmón con Salsa de Camarones)
- 4 6 oz Salmon fillets
- Salt and pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 pound shrimp peeled, deveined and cut into pieces.
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ tablet fish bouillon
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- In a large baking dish place the salmon fillets. Season each fillet with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through.
- make the sauce: In a medium sauce pan over medium heat melt the butter, add the onions and cook for about 3 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the flour to the onions and stir. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the milk and bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Add the shrimp, salt, pepper, cumin and fish bouillon and cook for 5 minutes. Add the heavy cream and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from the heat. Spoon shrimp sauce over the salmon and serve immediately.
I you love salmon like me, here are more delicious and easy salmon recipes to try: