Shrimp with Cilantro-Parsley Sauce
- 1 bunch of chopped cilantro
- 1 bunch of chopped parsley
- 2 scallions chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons of lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of water
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 ¼ lb. shrimp peeled and deveined
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a fry pan over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Add the shrimp season with garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper.
- Cook, stirring, until the shrimp curl and turn pink, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with the cilantro-parsley sauce. Serve immediately.
- To make the sauce: Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend all ingredients into a paste. Add more water if necessary.
Maybe this doesn't sound like the most exciting dish, but trust me, it is rich and deeply flavorful. I called this an appetizer, so don't be tempted to fill your plate or you'll have no room for the main course 🙂
This is very simple to make and the best thing is that the cilantro-parsley sauce can be made ahead!
Serve this dish with lots of crusty bread for sopping up the delicious sauce.