Shrimp with Cilantro-Parsley Sauce
- 1 bunch of chopped cilantro
- 1 bunch of chopped parsley
- 2 scallions chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons of lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of water
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 ¼ lb. shrimp peeled and deveined
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a fry pan over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Add the shrimp season with garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper.
- Cook, stirring, until the shrimp curl and turn pink, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with the cilantro-parsley sauce. Serve immediately.
- To make the sauce: Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend all ingredients into a paste. Add more water if necessary.
Maybe this doesn't sound like the most exciting dish, but trust me, it is rich and deeply flavorful. I called this an appetizer, so don't be tempted to fill your plate or you'll have no room for the main course 🙂
This is very simple to make and the best thing is that the cilantro-parsley sauce can be made ahead!
Serve this dish with lots of crusty bread for sopping up the delicious sauce.
Oh, no, this IS exciting!! LOVE this sauce.
This looks so pretty, what vibrant colors. Nice to know the sauce is so flavorful! I'll have to try it with scallops. (shrimp for my daughter)
I think that this sounds quite wonderful. I am certain that I would like it a lot. It is a very appealing pic that you've taken of the dish, too. Thanks for sharing. I'm going to try this one sometime.
Hooray! I'm finally able to visit you. For some reason every time I click on your link it tells me the the link is broken. Must be something wrong with my computer.
I've have really been craving shrimp lately and this looks so wonderful to me right now. I'm afraid I would want to fill up on this and forget all about dinner.
If I can help you to figure out the problem, let me know...
Just made this as my main entree and it was exquisite!..
I was thoroughly impressed by how light this meal tastes but how filling it is..
Thanks for the recipe!