Salmón con Salsa de Maracuyá (Salmon with Passion Fruit Sauce)
- 4 5oz Salmon fillets
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- ¼ cup red onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 cups passion fruit puree
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup honey or to your taste
- Salt and ground pepper
- Heat the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add passion fruit puree, stir well, and cook about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender. Add the lime juice, cilantro, and honey and blend until smooth.
This Salmon with Passion Fruit Sauce is a fresh, tasty and quick to prepare dish, which makes it a great choice for a weekday meal. The passion fruit sauce made the dish taste fantastic without overwhelming the flavor of the salmon.