This simple grilled salmon is fresh, tender and has an amazing flavor. You will have dinner ready in less than 30 minutes and doesn't require a lot of ingredients.
How to Make the Perfect Grilled Salmon
What I like about this grilled salmon recipe is that it is very simple, yet full of flavor. The fresh tomato and avocado salsa adds wonderful flavor to the dish and it is subtle enough not to overpower the grilled salmon. Although I love the flavor of grilled foods, if you don't have a grill, don't worry, you can just throw the salmon fillets under the broiler for about 10 minutes and you will have a similar result.
I love to cook this grilled salmon recipe for dinner because it's easy to make, very flavorful, fast but still delicious. Also, you can use a different fish like trout, tilapia, cod or swordfish if you don't like salmon.
To make this grilled salmon, season the salmon fillets with olive oil, cumin, salt and pepper and grill for about 8 to10 minutes. To make the tomato and avocado salsa you need tomato, avocado, red onion, jalapeño, lime juice, salt, pepper and fresh cilantro. You will find the amounts and cooking instructions in the recipe card below.
Grilled Salmon Recipe
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the salsa
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1 ripe avocado peeled and diced
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- 1 jalapeño sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Preheat the grill. Drizzle olive oil over the fish. Turn to coat completely. Combine cumin, salt and pepper and sprinkle mixture over the fish.
- When the grill is hot, place fish, skin side down, on the grill. Cover and cook for about 4 minutes. Carefully turn the salmon, cover and grill an additional 4 minutes, more or less, depending on your taste. When the fish is cooked to your liking, remove from the grill and top with the avocado salsa.
To make the Salsa
- Combine the jalapeños with the tomatoes, onion, cilantro and avocados. Squeeze the lime juice over the salsa and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Set the salsa aside until serving.
Grilled Salmon with Fresh Tomato and Avocado Salsa is the perfect summer meal, at least in my opinion. I make this dish very often at home so I thought I'd share this recipe with you! You probably have almost all of these ingredients in your fridge right now, so why not whip this one up tonight? This grilled salmon only takes a few minutes!
Looking for more salmon recipes: