What I like about this Grilled Salmon with Fresh Tomato and Avocado Salsa recipe is that it' s very simple, yet full of flavor. The tomato and avocado salsa add wonderful flavor to the dish and are subtle enough not to overpower the salmon. Although I love the flavor of the grilled foods, if you don't have a grill, don't worry, you can just throw the salmon under the broiler for about 10 minutes.
Grilled Salmon with Fresh Tomato and Avocado Salsa
- 1 pound salmon
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the salsa
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1 ripe avocado peeled and diced
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- 1 jalapeño sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Reheat the grill and portion your salmon into equal pieces. Drizzle olive oil over the fish. Turn to coat completely. Combine cumin, salt and pepper and sprinkle mixture over the fish.
- When the grill is hot, place fish, skin side down, on the grill. Cover and cook for about 4 minutes. Carefully turn the salmon, cover and grill an additional 4 minutes, more or less, depending on your taste. When the fish is cooked to your liking, remove from the grill and top with the avocado salsa.
- To make the salsa: Combine the jalapeños with the tomatoes, onion, cilantro and avocados. Squeeze the lime juice over the salsa and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Set the salsa aside until serving.
Grilled Salmon with Fresh Tomato and Avocado Salsa is the perfect summer meal, at least in my opinion. I make this dish very often at home so I thought I'd share this recipe with you! You probably have almost all of these ingredients in your fridge right now, so why not whip this one up tonight? It only takes a few minutes!