Baked Salmon with Cilantro-Garlic Oil
- 4 6 oz salmon fillets
- 2 cups fresh cilantro stems removed
- ½ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- Juice of ½ lime
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- In a large baking dish place the salmon fillets. Season each fillet with salt and pepper.
- In a food processor mix the cilantro, oil, garlic, lime, salt and pepper. Pour half of the mixture on top of the salmon fillets.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through. Drizzle the fish with the rest of the sauce and serve.
The combined simplicity and flavor are what make this dish terrific. I think that we all need some easy, but delicious recipes that we can prepare in a short time and with little planning, for a weeknight dinner party, without sacrificing taste.
I love to cook salmon because just by adding olive oil, salt and pepper, it tastes great and adding just a couple of more ingredients makes for a great tasting, fancier dish. Of course this recipe would work beautifully with parsley instead of cilantro, in case you are one of those people who hate cilantro and think it tastes like soap 🙂 I happen to love the taste of cilantro and I don’t think that you will find many Colombians that don’t like it as we use cilantro in almost all of our traditional dishes. My mom is a huge fan of cilantro and uses it as a garnish in every soup she makes. Enjoy!