This is another Colombian rice recipe and as I’ve mentioned before in this blog, rice is a staple in a Colombian diet. Arroz con Fideos is a popular recipe in my family. As children, we loved it because of the little angel hair pasta in the rice.
Arroz con Fideos (Rice with Angel Hair Pasta)
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- ⅔ cup angel hair pasta broken into 1 ½ inch pieces
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 cups water or 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the angel hair pasta and sautué for 2 to 3 minutes or until the pasta is golden.
- Add the rice, stir with a wooden spoon and sautué for 1 minute. Add the stock or water, increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. Add the salt, cover and decrease the heat to low and cook for about 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat, let it rest for 5 minutes and serve.