Arroz con Fideos is a popular side dish in Colombia and Latin America. It's a very simple rice dish with angel hair pasta and it's absolutely delicious.
This is another Colombian rice recipe and as I’ve mentioned before in this blog, rice is a staple in a Colombian diet. Arroz con Fideos is a popular recipe in my family. As children, we loved it because of the little angel hair pasta in the rice.
What to serve with Arroz con Fideos
You can serve this rice with your favorite Colombian stews, soups or any entree you like. Some wonderful main dishes to serve with this simple rice recipe are stuffed meatloaf, breaded chicken and roasted chicken legs.
I love the combination of flavors and textures in this rice dish. You can add a garlic clove crushed if you want more flavor and use water, vegetable or chicken broth. Depending on your taste.
Arroz con Fideos (Rice with Angel Hair Pasta)
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- ⅔ cup angel hair pasta broken into 1 ½ inch pieces
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 cups water or 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the angel hair pasta and sautué for 2 to 3 minutes or until the pasta is golden.
- Add the rice, stir with a wooden spoon and sautué for 1 minute. Add the stock or water, increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. Add the salt, cover and decrease the heat to low and cook for about 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat, let it rest for 5 minutes and serve.
Easy rice recipes perfect for lunch or dinner: