I love cheese sauce!!! I believe that anything tastes good with cheese sauce and Cauliflower is no exception. I made this Cauliflower al Gratin a couple of weeks ago, but for some reason I forgot to post it.
It is a delicious side dish!
Cauliflower al Gratin (Coliflor Gratinada)
- 2 pounds cauliflower cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 11/2 cups milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon mustard
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup monterey jack cheese
- ½ cup gouda cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the cauliflower and cook until the florets are tender, about 8 minutes. Drain well.
- Mean while,make the sauce:
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and add the onions. cook for about 5 minutes. Add the flour a little at a time, whisking to incorporate. Increase the heat to medium-low and gradually whisk in the milk.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture is thick and creamy, about 5 minutes. Add the cream,mustard and cheeses.
- Add the cumin , paprika, salt and black pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until the cheeses are melted, about 2 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Butter a shallow baking dish. Arrange the cauliflower in the dish and pour the sauce over it. Bake until golden brown, about 7 minutes. Serve immediately.
Calories: 491kcalCarbohydrates: 32gProtein: 27gFat: 30gSaturated Fat: 18gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 546mgPotassium: 1276mgFiber: 5gSugar: 22gVitamin A: 1079IUVitamin C: 111mgCalcium: 802mgIron: 2mg
Have you Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @mycolombianrecipes and tag #mycolombianrecipes!
Baking is my Zen
Great way to use cauliflower!
Cauliflower takes on such a mild flavor and is such a versatile vegetable. Baked cauliflower with a cheese sauce-delicious.
Hi, when do you add the onions to this dish? With the sauce or in the oven with the cauliflower?
Christina- I fixed!!! Thank you!
Wow, we have cauliflower cheese in the UK, very similar but in no way shape or form as flavourful!!
Oh, this looks and sounds wonderful, and you're right anything tastes good with cheese sauce. Now if I can just get my daughter to eat it that way. She just likes it steamed! 🙂
cheese sauce improves just about anything, and that's rarely more true than with cauliflower. what a tasty dish you've made!
oh how we love our cauliflowers! Lovely dish.
Cauliflower is best with cheese! Love it:D
oooh this looks great and comforting!
made cauliflower cheese for jasmine the other day she didn't like it crazy baby
I love cauliflower...and the gouda cheese? YUM!!!
Ultimate comfort food. Cheese sauce makes everything better...especially when you spiced it up with the paprika and mustard!
I like this...looks really good. Nice side dish.
5 Star Foodie
What a terrific dish with cauliflower, yum!
We love anything "gratin". It's the only way I can get Michael to eat cooked zucchini or summer squash. Love this dish.
I love this dish, so comforting; I need to remember to use gouda! I like it a lot but always forget to use in cooking!
Another tasty treat, have been having a lot of cauliflower lately - not tired if it but this sounds like a delicious new dish!
I'm with you, Erica, anything tastes good with cheese sauce!
I've never eaten cauliflower this way, but you are SO right about how cheese sauce makes everything better 🙂 I especially like that you added gouda ... one of my favs!
Erica we just made this for lunch. Now we didn't have the right cheeses, we just used white Colombian Cheese. It was wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you guys for the comments and feedback!