Cumin-Achiote Roasted Potatoes
- 2 pounds small red skinned potatoes
- ¼ cup achiote oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the potatoes in half or quarters and place in a bowl with the remaining ingredients. Toss until the potatoes are well coated.
- lace the potatoes on a baking sheet and spread out into one layer.
- Roast in the oven for about 45 minutes or until browned.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, season to taste, and serve.
Have you Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @mycolombianrecipes and tag #mycolombianrecipes!
Today I want to share a simple, effortless, and delicious potato dish packed with flavor that we really enjoyed in our house. It makes a fantastic side dish. Serve it with your favorite meat, fish or poultry.
Might be effortless but sure packs a punch of flavor!
I love potatoes anyway, but these flavors are so different. Yum!
Love the color achiote leaves.
Please check out Vm channel or their webside. Chef Catalina Velex...Origenes con Catalina Velez...la historia gastronomica y cultural de idigenas. All aout you country...I love it!
Sorryi ts Vme
They look soooo good! Nice and crispy!
The brown crispy outside on those potatoes looks amazing! And i bet the spices give it great flavor!
oh I love the idea of using these spices!
I love roasted potatoes!! They look so hearty and delicious
These potatoes sound good.
I have achiote powder, not seeds. Can I make the oil with that or do I need the seeds?
Chris- Mix the powder with oil.
Thank you everyone for the comments!
My mom's Puerto Rican and she makes something similar, but she uses olive oil, sweet onion, garlic, cumin, achiote, ground cilantro seed, turmeric, saffron, and sweet paprika.