Patacones con Camarón y Aguacate (Fried Green Plantain with Shrimp and Avocado)
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 small ripe avocado cut into ½ inch pieces
- ⅓ cup salsa rosada
- ¼ chopped fresh tomato
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Make 12 Patacones or fried green plantains, cover with foil and set aside.
- In a small pot, over medium heat cook the shrimp until they are pink.
- When the shrimp is cooking in a medium bowl, whisk together the salsa rosada, lime juice, onion, tomato, salt, pepper, avocado and cilantro. Top each patacon with the salad and serve.
Calories: 98kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 6gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 303mgPotassium: 140mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 123IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 24mgIron: 1mg
Have you Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @mycolombianrecipes and tag #mycolombianrecipes!
These traditional Patacones topped with a delicious shrimp and avocado salad are very easy to prepare and ideal to serve as a delicious snack at any time of the day.
The combination of ingredients here sounds perfect. I really like the idea of these crunchy fried patacones on which the shrimp and avocado sit. Thanks for sharing!
Que es salsa rosada?
Salsa rosada or golf is a simple mix of ketchup and mayonnaise. It is extremely popular all over Colombia and South America, is served with various snacks.
It taste particularly good served with seafood.
Erica thanks so much for sharing this
this is going to be my father's day
appetizers. we love your Web site