This Mushrooms Stuffed with Chorizo recipe is an easy to make, party appetizer. These little bite-sized treats are great for parties and get-togethers, and with the football season upon us, why not make a batch on Sunday? I love them!
This dish is a fantastic appetizer with incredible flavors. Each ingredient adds its own special touch, making it a perfect starter for any event. Sometimes the simplest things can be the best things, and these mushrooms are one of those things. They aren’t fancy, but they are pure heaven.
I absolutely loved the combination of chorizo with mushrooms and cheese. I used Colombian chorizo for this recipe, but you can use your favorite chorizo sausage, or whatever one is available at your supermarket at the time.
Mushrooms Stuffed with Chorizo
- 24 button mushrooms, brushed and clean
- 1 chorizo, casing removed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp scallions for garnish, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and lightly oil a baking dish.
- Cut the chorizo into small pieces and put them in a food processor. Process until the chorizo is chopped, then set aside.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms. Place half of the stems in the food processor and process. Discard the other half of the stems. Brush the mushrooms with olive oil and place on the baking dish and set aside.
- Place the olive oil into a medium pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring for about 3 minutes. Add the chorizo and mushroom stems.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 3 minutes more. Add the bread crumbs and stir. Cook for about 1 minute, add the heavy cream and mix well. Place the mixture in a bowl and set aside.
- Add the parsley and cheese. Using a small spoon fill the mushroom. Bake, uncovered until stuffing is golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Garnish with scallions and serve hot or warm.