If you are looking for a new recipe to make the best scrambled eggs, this dish is for you. Full of flavor and simple, these hearty eggs are perfect for breakfast during the week or brunch on the weekend. So let's learn how to make scrambled eggs with tomatoes, scallions and corn.
Scrambled Eggs Ingredients
Eggs: I like to use cage free organic eggs for my recipes.
Butter: I recommend using a good quality unsalted butter.
Oil: Vegetable or canola oil will work for this recipe, because they are both neutral tasting oils.
Vegetables: Scallions, tomatoes and corn. You can use fresh or frozen corn for this recipe.
Full printable recipe card with ingredients, directions and cooking tips below.
Best Scrambled Eggs Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup cooked corn fresh or frozen
- 8 eggs
- 2 medium tomatoes finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped scallions
- Salt to taste
- In a medium non-stick skillet heat the butter and oil over medium heat.
- Add the tomatoes and scallions and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the corn, stir and cook for about 2 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk the eggs and salt. Add the eggs in the skillet with the tomato mixture and cook over medium heat, without stirring, until mixture begins to set.
- Stir twice or until the eggs mix with the tomato and scallions and cook about 2 minutes or until the eggs are the consistency you like.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve warm.
These scrambled eggs with corn, scallions and tomatoes are a wonderful variation of the popular Huevos Pericos, a traditional and very popular Colombian and Venezuelan breakfast recipe. This famous egg Latin dish is simply, scrambled eggs cooked with tomatoes and scallions. The addition of corn makes for a delicious and unique version of the traditional scrambled eggs recipe I grew up eating in Colombia.
What can you add to this recipe?
There are many ways that you can customize this egg recipe, add bacon, mushrooms, sausage, ham to the mixture, or avocado slices on top before serving. The options are endless.
Egg is a wonderful food with a lot of protein and vitamins. Thanks to its versatility, main dishes, appetizers, sides dishes and desserts benefit from this great ingredient. I like cooking with organic and cage free eggs, because they are better for you and they have more flavor.
Having a good and unique scrambled eggs recipe variation in your repertoire will make it easier to change your breakfast ideas weekly. Serve this perfect scrambled egg dish with arepa or bread, and cheese on the side.
More breakfast recipes that you may want to try: