This Garlic Sauce is perfect to serve with plantain chips, yuca fries, patacones or on top of baked potatoes or grilled chicken. It's a versatile and flavorful sauce.
Garlic Sauce Recipe (Salsa de Ajo)
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 5 fresh garlic cloves peeled
- ¼ cup of fresh cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon of salt or to your taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Blend all the ingredients until well mixed. Scrape down the sides if necessary.
- Taste the sauce and add more salt if necessary.
- If you prefer a milder garlic flavor, use roasted garlic.
- You can store this garlic sauce in the fridge up to 2 days in an airtight container.
- Use a good store bought mayonnaise for this recipe. If you feel more adventure make homemade mayo.
- This sauce can be use as a dip for yuca and potato fries, plantain chips and to drizzle over grilled chicken or add it to a burgers, wraps and sandwiches.
This Salsa de Ajo is a popular and simple Colombian garlic sauce made with a mixture of mayonnaise, fresh garlic, lime juice and cilantro. If you are not a cilantro fan feel free to replace it with parsley.
In Colombia this garlic sauce is used as a dip for patacones (fried green plantains), plantains chips, French fries and yuca fries, and as a topping for mazorca dresgranada (a corn and cheese dish), hamburgers, hot dogs and sandwiches. If you love garlic like me this sauce is perfect for you, but if you prefer a milder garlic flavor just roast the garlic in the oven before making the sauce.
This garlic sauce recipe is very easy to make and very addictive. It will take your chips to another level.
This time I made this sauce using store bought mayonnaise, but you can use homemade mayonnaise as well. I used a blender to mix the ingredients, but you can also use a food processor. This garlic sauce recipe can be double to serve a crowd. Store in a jar covered in the fridge for up to 2 days.
More sauce recipes you may want to try: