Delicious and easy avocado sauce packed with flavor. It is perfect for empanadas, pasta, rice bowls, tacos and arepas.
This Avocado Sauce or Salsa de Aguacate is simple and quick to make and delicious as a dip with plantain chips, fried yuca, patacones and potato chips. You can also drizzle this sauce over arepas, roasted vegetables, salmon and chicken.
What do you need to make this sauce?
Avocados, limes, olive oil, hot sauce, mayonnaise, sour cream, onion cilantro, salt and pepper. Yo can replace the mayo and sour cream with Greek yogurt for a healthier version of this avocado sauce. The exact amounts and directions are in the recipe card below.
Avocado Sauce Recipe
- 2 small avocados
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco optional
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Peel and chopped the avocados. Place the avocados, oil and lime juice in a blender or food processor.
- Add the mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, Tabasco, salt and pepper and blend until smooth and well mixed. Add the chopped cilantro and blend to mix.
More avocado recipes to try:
Mmmmm I love avocado! Your blog is beautiful!
Thank you so much!
Me encanta tu Blog...estas haciendo un muy buen trabajo felicitaciones
que delicia !!
so very creamy and delicious!
oh erica! i would slather this on so many things! what a delightful sauce/spread/dip/shmear. 🙂
I could see this being fantastic as a condiment for a Tex-Mex style burger or for dipping spicy grilled shrimp. Great post!
I have made this sauce on repeat for years and everyone who has ever tasted it raves about it! So good. <3