Delicious and easy avocado sauce packed with flavor. It is perfect for empanadas, pasta, rice bowls, tacos and arepas.
This Avocado Sauce or Salsa de Aguacate is simple and quick to make and delicious as a dip with plantain chips, fried yuca, patacones and potato chips. You can also drizzle this sauce over arepas, roasted vegetables, salmon and chicken.
What do you need to make this sauce?
Avocados, limes, olive oil, hot sauce, mayonnaise, sour cream, onion cilantro, salt and pepper. Yo can replace the mayo and sour cream with Greek yogurt for a healthier version of this avocado sauce. The exact amounts and directions are in the recipe card below.
Avocado Sauce Recipe
- 2 small avocados
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco optional
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Peel and chopped the avocados. Place the avocados, oil and lime juice in a blender or food processor.
- Add the mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, Tabasco, salt and pepper and blend until smooth and well mixed. Add the chopped cilantro and blend to mix.
More avocado recipes to try: