This bean and roasted pepper dip is full of flavor and delicious over crostini or served with fresh vegetables.
Bean and Roasted Pepper Crostini
- 50 thin slices baguette or other crusty bread
- Olive oil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 can 15 oz canellini beans, rinsed
- 1 can 15 oz garbanzo beans, rinsed
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350u02da F. To make the crostini, place baguette slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Lightly brush each slice of bread with olive oil. Bake 15-20 minutes, until golden and crisp. Set aside.
- To make the spread: Place all the ingredients in the food processor except the olive oil. With the food processor running, add the olive oil, until the mixture is smooth and spreadable. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread each piece of bread with a thin layer of the bean mixture, transfer to a platter and serve.
I love crostini!!!
They are simple, delicious, and can be made with lots of different toppings or spreads. If you are a fan of roasted peppers, you will love these. The spread is essentially a mixture of beans, roasted red pepper, garlic and herbs.
I used a combination of garbanzo and canellini beans, but you can use whatever types you prefer.
Picture perect. I could almost pick up the bread and dip. Sound delicioso
Since my husband enjoys bean dishes, I usually have a variety on hand. I really need to make the various bean dip recipes that you've shared with us, especially since the herbs that you use are now starting to grow in my garden! This dip in particular looks marvelous. 😎
5 Star Foodie
The combo of beans and roasted peppers sounds terrific!
....and another winner. I swear Erica - you really need to write a cookbook, the amazing recipes just keep coming. I love the sound of this one, and if I had not gone a bit loco at the Farmer's Market this weekend I'd make up a batch now, as it is - trying to access the fridge is a bit scary.
Love it! This time I also have the ingredients. Looks like this will be served up this evening along with dinner.
As always, thanks.
I have been craving bread with dips and spreads lately and this looks so good!
This looks very healthy and delicious. Great for parties. Thanks for sharing.
oh my, I think I would just take that whole plate for my meal 🙂
Love it! The combination of beans and pepper sounds delicious 🙂 Tempting clicks too 🙂
The color alone is enough to sell me, Erica!
But the two kinds of beans make a lovely addition.
Looks so pretty! and good! I love your recipes, I even mentioned you again on my blog! The photos are fantastic too! 😀
Great! Looks delicious and the color is so nice...it sure makes a great appetizer 🙂
Baking is my Zen
One of my favs!
the color and consistency of your spread are AMAZING! the little crostinis are nice, but i truly would only need a spoon. 🙂
That dip is such a pretty color! It looks so smooth and creamy...just perfect!
This is perfect! Not only does it look great and tastes delicious but I have all the ingredients, yeah!!!!!
Wow these look delicious and very healthy. Very tempting to make.
Georgous crostinis & I so love this special lovely topping!!
yummm, that looks delicious
perfect for a party Im planning to do! Reckon it would be a winner!!
These look spectacular. I love crostini. Problem is I love them too much, before you know it, they are all gone 🙂
Thank you for visiting and for your wonderful comments!
I love crostinis too and they make party pleasers. This is such a beautiful recipe with sunshine colors.. sure to steal the show.