This post is also available in Spanish
Papas Criollas are absolutely delicious and in Colombia we cook them in many different ways. Although this recipe entails roasting papas, fried papas are a very popular street food that is sold in paper bags by street vendors. In the United States I buy these potatoes frozen. You can find Papas Criollas in the Latin aisle at the supermarket or online in Amigosfood.com
2 pounds frozen papa criolla
½ teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- In a large bowl mix the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Add the potatoes to the oil mixture and mix well until coated.
- Arrange the potatoes in a single layer in a baking sheet for about 40 minutes or until browned.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve