It is tough to think of a better lunch on a spring day than a beautiful crispy, golden puff pastry filled with roasted vegetables, asparagus and creamy queso fresco. This tart was absolutely delicious, we all loved it! It would be great for brunch too.
Serve with a green salad on the side. I hope you enjoy it.
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 6 asparagus, cut into about 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups queso fresco
- Salt and pepper
Salt and pepper
1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
1/2 orange pepper, sliced
1/2 yellow pepper, sliced
1/3 cup onion, sliced
1 beaten egg
- Pre-heated the oven to 350° F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the sliced vegetables on the baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Add the thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and bake for 35 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked. Let it cool.
- To make the tart:
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the puff pastry on the baking sheet. Using your fingers, spread the queso fresco on top of the pastry, leaving about 1 inch border.
- Sprinkle the roasted vegetables and asparagus on top of the cheese. Season with salt and pepper. brush the edge of the tart with the egg.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Serve it with a green salad on the side.