This vegetable tart made with puff pastry is perfect to served for lunch or as a party dish. Add or omit vegetables depending of your taste or season. I used queso fresco and roasted vegetables to make this easy tart.
Roasted Vegetables, Asparagus and Queso Fresco Tart
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 6 asparagus cut into about 1-inch pieces
- 1 ½ cups queso fresco
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ orange pepper, sliced
- ½ yellow pepper, sliced
- ⅓ cup cup onion, sliced
- 1 beaten egg
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the puff pastry on the baking sheet. Using your fingers, spread the queso fresco on top of the pastry, leaving about 1 inch border.
- Sprinkle the roasted vegetables and asparagus on top of the cheese. Season with salt and pepper. brush the edge of the tart with the egg.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Serve it with a green salad on the side.
It is tough to think of a better lunch on a spring day than a beautiful crispy, golden puff pastry filled with roasted vegetables, asparagus and creamy queso fresco. This tart was absolutely delicious, we all loved it! It would be great for brunch too.
Serve with a green salad on the side. I hope you enjoy it.