I like to keep my weeknight meals simple, quick and delicious. With two busy boys, our evenings are filled with activities, so there’s not often time to create complicated dinners. Barilla Pronto Pasta makes those weeknight meals easier and faster to prepare than ever!
If you are not familiar with Barilla Pronto pasta, it’s a wonderful option to have in your pantry, because it doesn’t require cooking the pasta in boiling water and then draining, prior to adding your sauce. Instead, just cook the pasta right in your favorite sauce for a simply delicious one-pot meal, no draining of water required. Not only does Barilla Pronto pasta make preparing dinner that much easier, but there’s less to wash as well. Sounds like a dream come true!
If you love pasta and comfort food, this One-Pot Creamy Pasta with Bacon and Chorizo recipe will be right up your alley and may even become a staple at your family dinners. This recipe is super quick and easy to put together. The pasta gets cooked right in the creamy sauce! My husband said that this is one of his favorite pasta dishes and my kids absolutely loved it too. It ’s creamy, full of flavor and the best part… it took me less than 30 minutes from start to finish to get this wonderful dinner on the table!
This pasta recipe is the perfect dish for cozy fall dinners or holidays with lots of family and friends. Just serve it with a salad and crusty bread on the side for a fantastic meal that the whole family will love.
Barilla Pronto pasta is sold in select supermarkets in the United States, while I found mine at my local Stop & Shop. If you want to learn more about these products, check out Barilla’s website.
Make sure you grab some New Barilla Pronto Pasta next time you shop at Stop & Shop, Giant Food Stores or Martin’s Food Markets. Barilla Pronto Pasta is also available through Peapod!
“This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group®, Barilla®, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #AnytimePasta http://mydisclosur.es/OBsstV”
- 1 box Barilla® Pronto™ Penne
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 pound Mexican chorizo, casings removed
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 3 cups cold chicken broth
- 1 heavy cream
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- Heat a large sauce pan over medium high heat and cook the bacon for about 2 minutes until browned. Add the chorizo and cook for about 3 minutes more or until cooked. Add the tomato puree and stir well.
- Add the pasta to the pan and pour in the chicken broth, ensuring that the broth covers the pasta. Turn on the burner to high and set your timer for 10 minutes.
- Cook on high, stirring often, until most of the liquid is absorbed. Add the heavy cream, stir and cook for one minute more.
- Add the scallions and serve immediately. Top with Parmesan cheese if you like.