This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Nabisco and Latina Bloggers Connect.
National Hispanic Heritage Month is the celebration of culture and history of people living in the United States whose ancestors came from Spain, Central and South America. This celebration runs from September 15 to October 15 annually. I joined Nabisco to celebrate this year’s Hispanic Heritage Month with this delicious and simple Shredded Chipotle Chicken RITZwich recipe.
Shredded Chipotle Chicken RITZwich
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast shredded
- 1 small chipotle pepper in adobo sauce chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 24 pieces cheddar cheese pieces
- 1 cup of guacamole
- 24 RITZ Crackers
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix the shredded chicken with the chipotle and cilantro.
- Place the 12 crackers in a single layer on a baking sheet and top with the cheese. Bake for about 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Top with chicken-chipotle mixture, guacamole and cover with the remaining crackers to make 12 sandwiches.
I loved the combination of chicken with chipotle, cilantro cheddar cheese and guacamole. These little bites have a wonderful texture, lots of flavor, are very colorful, and they can be served cold or warm. I was inspired to make this dish by a Pulled Pork-Sofrito RITZwich recipe I found on Nabisco’s website. They are perfect for a merienda (late afternoon snack) and any type of party, as they are economical, very easy to assemble, and versatile, in that they can be enjoyed sitting or standing, so you can eliminate the cutlery as well.
My kid’s love eating plain RITZ crackers for a quick snack or for lunch at school with hummus or cheese. I love to experiment using different ingredients while creating my RITZwiches. Regardless, they always turn out delicious!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Nabisco. The opinions and text are all mine.